evolution of ideas concerning the stratigraphy and tectonic development of the Arabian Shield
Read Online
Share

evolution of ideas concerning the stratigraphy and tectonic development of the Arabian Shield by P. R. Johnson

  • 664 Want to read
  • ·
  • 60 Currently reading

Published by Riofinex Ltd. for the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Deputy Ministry for Mineral Resources in Jiddah .
Written in English


Book details:

Edition Notes

Statementby P.R. Johnson& G.J. Vranas.
SeriesOpen-file report -- RF-OF-04-27
ContributionsVranas, G. J.
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL13914382M

Download evolution of ideas concerning the stratigraphy and tectonic development of the Arabian Shield

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

  Paleozoic successions in Saudi Arabia are exposed around and bordering the south, north, and northeastern edge of the Arabian shield. They are represented by the Wajid group in the south and by the Taymah, Tabuk, Qalibah, Huj, and Buraydah groups in the north and northeast. The Wajid group includes Dibsiyah, Sanamah, Khusayyan, and Juwayl Cited by: 6. Much previous work has concentrated on relatively distinct structural provinces within Syria. The goal of this paper was to synthesize the tectonic evolution of the entire country by integrating our previous interpretations with new regional structural maps, and incorporating significant additional lithostratigraphic by: The present work deals with the tectonic and structural evolution of the Western Desert as a part of the Arabian Platform as inferred from the available information including the stratigraphic sequence, the pattern of the unconformities, well information, seismic sections and the structural elements of the area. Location and major tectonic elements of the Arabian Plate and Iran. The present-day Arabian Plate is bordered in the north by the collision zones of the Zagros and Bitlis sutures, and by subduction along the Makran zone.

Arabian Plate sequence stratigraphy and global chronostratigraphy Arabian Plate sequence stratigraphy: Potential implications for global chronostratigraphy Michael D. Simmons, Peter R. Sharland, David M. Casey, Roger B. Davies and Owen E. Sutcliffe ABSTRACT The ability to recognise and correlate third-order depositional sequences across Arabia. Arabian Plate Sequence Stratigraphy. GeoArabia. The Middle East contains some 65% of the world’s remaining oil reserves and some 35% of its gas reserves. The vast majority of these reserves are located on the Arabian Plate. In , daily world oil production averaged 76 million barrels of oil per day (MM bopd) (H.E. Abstract: Paleozoic Stratigraphy and Hydrocarbon Habitat of the Arabian Plate The Paleozoic section became prospective in the early seventies when the enormous gas reserves in the Permian Khuff reservoirs were delineated in the Gulf and Zagros regions and oil . The present paper presents review of the stratigraphic and tectonic evolution of the Muglad basin, the primary emphasis on the tectonic evulsions and geology of the oil productive horizon. The basement, source, and reservoir rocks of this basin are not uniformly distributed, since this basin had periods of complex tectonic operation.

Abstract. The primary geologic structures of the northern Arabian plate in western Syria include the intracontinental Palmyride mountain belt and the interplate boundary of the Dead Sea transform fault system. The Palmyride belt strikes NE and is sandwiched between two relatively stable crustal blocks of the Arabian platform: Cited by: Geochemistry and Tectonic Evolution of A clear model of tectonic evolution of the Arabian shield is still an enigma. The mod- elers are encountering difficulties by later mostly regional workers who present the con- flicting views on the tectonic evolution of the . STAUBWASSER, M. & DULSKI, P. On the evolution of the oxygen minimum zone in the Arabian Sea during Holocene time and its relation to the South Asian monsoon vON RAD, U, BURGATH, K. P., PERVAZ, M. & SCHULZ, H. Discovery of the Toba Ash (c. 70 ka) in a high-resolution core recovering millennial monsoonal variability off Pakistan. Paleozoic tectono-stratigraphic framework of the Arabian Peninsula Abdulaziz A. Laboun Geology Department, Faculty of Science, King Saud University, Box , Riyadh , Saudi Arabia events which have caused facies change and major stratigraphic breaks. The major tectonic move- Paleozoic tectono-stratigraphic framework of the File Size: 1MB.